We had another great real estate exchange last night. There was a lot of banter back and forth about our free trip to Vegas for the RE/MAX Convention in March and who was going to win the trip and how. Great team building and networking as usual before the event.
Topics that were discussed:
- Virginia home sales report published quarterly by VAR and the great information available through this report
- Information on rental rates
- The lobbying effort upcoming in the House on raising the high loan limits back up to pre-October 1st deadlines
- Refinance activity
- Home ownership rates
- Appreciation rates nationally and locally – we are way ahead of the curve year over year but are down month over month, a trend we need to watch
- The Bank of America penalties to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and why
- Fannie Mae’s quarterly losses and the combination of losses between Freddie and Fannie and why were bonuses paid
- Foreclosures on the rise nationally but so far, we don’t see it here and the indicators of why we don’t see them yet
- Bechtel is relocating 625 jobs to Reston and they are leasing nearly 200,000 square feet
- 4 ways to reduce your taxes and a reminder we have accountants coming to Chantilly to discuss tax planning for 2012 on November 18th at 10AM
- And lastly, the National Enquirer portion of the show – celebrity purchases and sales plus incomes of the top CEO’s in the Washington Metro Area
- Pat Cunningham updated us on HARP, the Italian debt crisis and what that means to mortgage interest rates and the value of HUD homes.
Enjoy the video but better yet – attend the next one in Ashburn at Clyde’s on the 16th from 1-3PM. Get it? Got it? Good!
Now, go sell something!