About 1.5 years ago I made a decision to get in better shape so I could live a more independent life as I aged and would not become immobile relying on others to help me do daily tasks. During this time, as I start each day at the gym, I listen to or watch motivational videos and it makes you reflect upon your own beliefs and how you should live your life.
My belief is I need to live with the following elements in mind:
- Live with passion – if you don’t love it, don’t do it
- Have a purpose – know what is your why
- Be relational – build strong relationships, don’t burn bridges
- Be charitable – give to those less fortunate than yourself
- Have gratitude – be grateful for the people, experiences and the belongings in your life
- Have reflection – remember where you came from, learn from experiences, and don’t forget but don’t live in the past
- Goal oriented – you have to have goals
- Inspirational – be a leader, inspire others to do more
- Fairness/kindness – you can’t get further faster by being a jerk
- Lead by example – don’t get outworked by anyone, try harder, do you best
With these components in your life, you will be a success in any endeavor. These beliefs have taken me to a new adventure, as a team of us from RE/MAX Gateway are going to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Now, go sell something