Why is now the time to pursue the American Dream and buy a house in today’s market? The reason is because many of the fundamentals of home ownership remain strong in every market – even today! Let’s review, shall we?
- Owning a home provides stability in you and/or your family’s life. You are not subject to having to move on the whim of your landlord and you can start to build “roots” in a neighborhood.
- You become part of a community hence building upon the theme of pride in ownership.
- Today’s interest rates are at historic lows making payments extremely affordable.
- Prices have bottomed out and are on the rebound in many areas – get on board before prices and rates increase again.
- The home becomes “yours”. You can paint, re-carpet, renovate, landscape and even more without approval from a landlord and the improvements add value to your home, not someone else’s property.
- Home ownership is a wealth building strategy – each payment decreases your loan balance increasing your equity in the home – it is a built in savings account!
- The tax savings and benefits are a huge benefit to your financial bottom line.
- You choose when to move – not someone else.
- Home ownership strengthens our economy – each home purchase touches over 20 industries and creates over $60,000 in revenue
- The housing sector represents nearly 20% of the US’s GDP and helps drive our economy
- And best of all – it is the American Dream!
As we know, all markets are cyclical and we have been in a down cycle for real estate for over three years now – the market will come back – it always does. Now is the time to take advantage the opportunity afforded you today – just look at the graph…
Sales Price $400,000 $360,000 (assumes 10% drop in prices)
Loan Amt $320,000 $288,000
Rate 4.375% 6.125%
P&I $1,597.71 $1,749.92
Save $152.21 per month by buying now
Save $18,265 over the next 10 years
If you are a savvy buyer, now is the time to make the move. Get it? Got it? Good!
Now, go buy something!