Well, it’s that time of year and we receive the same question from a lot of people about whether or not to sell now. The answer is yes and here the top 10 reasons why:
- Inventory levels go down every year around the holidays because not everyone “needs” to sell so there is less competition.
- People will usually decorate their homes for the holidays putting them in a nicely staged condition and it can help attract buyers.
- We don’t know who the competition will be after the holidays.
- We don’t know how many properties will be for sale in the spring.
- We know where the competition is priced today and we don’t know where they will be priced at later or if the prices will be deeply discounted.
- The buyers looking this time of the year are typically not tire kickers – they are real buyers.
- We see houses that are priced right, are in the right condition and are staged properly are attracting multiple offers recently.
- Interest rates are fantastic – near record lows make now an attractive time to buy.
- We are seeing many buyers in the market today and we don’t know if they will be around after the New Year.
- If you are looking to buy – only serious sellers are on the market, who need to sell, so strike while the iron is hot!
If you are considering selling your house, please give us a call. We would be happy to discuss with you how we can help and what you can expect when selling. Get it? Got it? Good!