Yesterday I was at a meeting for Homes for Heroes and I heard a young Marine speak about his life and how it had changed after being injured in Afghanistan. His name is Staff Sergeant Joey Jones
Here are some notes I took and wanted to share with others – enjoy:
- Build a life on purpose – decide what you want and go get it…
- Determine what your personality is and what serves you best for your skills
- No “one” is better than the whole
- Make a decision to make a difference in someone’s life
- Decide – what are you gonna do now
- You control yourself and your destiny
- You hold the keys to drive your life – don’t give the keys to anyone else.
- Work hard
- Care about others
- Give back
- Make it happen
- What makes you happy? Figure it out and do it more…
- How can you be a hero to someone else today
- Determine your goals and aspirations and achieve them
- If you do anything – do it right
- Nothing worth doing is ever easy
- Be respectful to others at all times
- Read the book – Lone Survivor
- Check out the campaign www.bootcampaign.com and contribute
- Take time and practice then make the appropriate adjustments
- Commit to giving 100% at all times
These are things we have heard in the past at one time or another but it never hurts to be reminded of them to keep you focused.
One thought on “Staff Sergeant Reminds Us”
Hello!! Yes, I follow you! I had asked awhile back and there was no room at the Inn, but I am still interested in Homes for Heroes as well. 🙂 If a spot becomes available, please let me know.
Also, if there any other opportunities that you think would be a good fit for me to participate; I would value that information as well!
Have an awesome day! 🙂
Warmest Regards, Catherine Mussett, Realtor Top 1% of Agents Nationwide Servicing All of Northern Virginia & the Washington, DC Metro area
RE/MAX Gateway 7521 Virginia Oaks Drive, Gainesville, VA 20155 Cell (703) 447.1632 Fax (703) 483.3479